- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Dr. John leads lineup at French Quarter Fest
Question of the Day
NEW ORLEANS (AP) - It’s been more than 25 years since Grammy Award winner Dr. John has played New Orleans’ French Quarter Festival, but organizers say that changes this spring when the singer-pianist returns for the first time since 1987.
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee is among the 1,400 Louisiana musicians who are scheduled to perform on 21 stages during the free four-day festival scheduled to run April 10-13.
Organizers announced the lineup Wednesday. Dr. John will play April 11 at 4:30 p.m. on the riverfront Abita Stage. It will be his only festival appearance in New Orleans this spring. He and his band, The Nite Trippers, are scheduled to headline the Baton Rouge Blues Festival April 12.
The French Quarter Festival drew an estimated 560,000 visitors last year.
TWT Video Picks
By Isaac Orr
New carbon-dioxide rules would put America in the dark
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors