- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
High Point slips past Coastal Carolina 77-74
CONWAY, S.C. (AP) - Devante Wallace scored 17 points, including a layup - following his steal from Elijah Wilson - that gave High Point the lead with 25 seconds to play, as the Panthers beat Coastal Carolina 77-74 Wednesday night.
John Brown hit a pair of free throws which extended the High Point lead to 68-62 with 6:24 remaining before a 10-3 spurt gave Coastal Carolina a one-point advantage with 1:20 left.
Wallace knocked down a pair from the charity stripe 22 seconds later but a layup by Badou Diagne left the Chanticleers (13-10, 6-3 Big South) up 74-73 with 39 seconds to play.
After an offensive foul gave Coastal Carolina the ball, Wallace’s steal and layup gave High Point (10-12, 6-3) the lead for good.
CCU missed a 3-pointer before Haiishen McIntyre iced the game from the free throw line.
Badou scored 21 to go along with nine rebounds to pace Coastal Carolina.
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.