- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Utah industry leaders head to Panama, Colombia
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - Representatives from Utah’s finance, manufacturing, telecommunications and other industries will head to Colombia and Panama on Feb. 10 to kick off a four-day trade mission.
The Deseret News reports (http://bit.ly/1k9G1us ) the Utah group, along with others from nearby states, will make the visit to foster new export agreements between the nations and United States companies.
Other representatives going on the trip include educators and lawyers.
Zions Bank and FedEx are sponsoring the trip in partnership with the U.S. & Foreign Commercial Service and World Trade Center Utah.
In a 2011 visit to Salt Lake City, former Colombian President Alvaro Uribe invited Utah companies to visit Colombia in advance of a new free trade agreement.
Information from: Deseret News, http://www.deseretnews.com
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
Team Obama's bizarre behavior helps Gitmo terrorists foil justice
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Hustler sent to every congressional office since 1983
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.