- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
- San Diego Costco, Target shoppers shocked by plane crash in parking lot
- George W. Bush penning biography of father
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels
- Spain evacuates staff from embassy in Libya
- Peace Corps evacuates over Ebola fears; 2 volunteers isolated
- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
11 Illinois athletes competing in Sochi Olympics
Question of the Day
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (AP) - Eleven Illinois athletes are competing in the Winter Olympics that begin Thursday in Sochi, Russia. Here’s a look at the Illinois members of the U.S. Olympic team.
- Megan Bozek, 22, hockey, Buffalo Grove: A member of the U.S. women’s national ice hockey team. This is her first Olympics. Attended University of Minnesota.
- Jason Brown, 19, figure skating, Highland Park: Has medaled in national and world championships. This is his first Olympics. Student at the University of Colorado in Colorado Springs.
- Shani Davis, 31, speed skating, Chicago: Two-time Olympic gold medalist in 2006 and 2010. Two-time Olympic silver medalist in 2006 and 2010. This is his third Olympics.
- Aja Evans, 25, bobsled, Chicago: Competed in track and field at the University of Illinois. This is her first Olympics.
- Gracie Gold, 18, figure skating, Chatham: U.S. national champion in 2014. This is her first Olympics.
- Brian Hansen, 23, speed skating, Glenview: Team silver medalist at the 2010 Olympic games. Attends Marquette University in Milwaukee, Wis.
- Jonathan Kuck, 23, speed skating, Champaign: Team silver medalist at the 2010 Olympic games. University of Illinois physics major.
- Emery Lehman, 17, speed skating, Oak Park: This is his first Olympics. Senior at Oak Park and River Forest High School.
- Patrick Meek, 28, speed skating, Northbrook: Participated in 2006 and 2010 Olympic trials. This is his first Olympics. University of Utah graduate.
- Ann Swisshelm, 45, curling, Chicago: National and world curling champion. Competed in 2002 Olympics. Drake University graduate.
Source: Office of Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn.
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Star witness in Bob McDonnell corruption trial refutes 'crush' defense
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world