- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
- San Diego Costco, Target shoppers shocked by plane crash in parking lot
- George W. Bush penning biography of father
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels
- Spain evacuates staff from embassy in Libya
- Peace Corps evacuates over Ebola fears; 2 volunteers isolated
- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
Albany defeats UMass Lowell 73-56
Question of the Day
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - Peter Hooley scored 21 points as Albany defeated Massachusetts-Lowell 73-56 on Wednesday night.
Albany (12-11, 6-4 America East) took off to a 46-22 lead in the first half when Hooley scored 15 points. It was the Great Danes’ highest first-half point total this season. Albany shot 73.9 percent in the first half, a Great Danes program high in Division I play.
Gary Johnson added 12 points and DJ Evans and Sam Rowley 10 apiece for the Great Danes, who made 27 of 53 shots in the game for 50.9 percent, including 8 of 17 3-pointers for a 47.1 percent clip. Albany crushed the River Hawks on the boards, 41-22, including 11 on offensive rebounds.
Akeem Williams and Antonio Bivins scored 17 points each for the River Hawks (7-15, 5-5) with Chad Holley adding 14. The River Hawks made just 6 of 24 3-point attempts and shot 36 percent overall.
Albany lost at Lowell 70-66 in overtime on Jan. 14.
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Star witness in Bob McDonnell corruption trial refutes 'crush' defense
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world