- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
- Adam Lanza’s dad: He would’ve killed me ‘in a heartbeat’
- North Korea holds election: 100% turnout, Kim Jong-un gets — 100% of vote
Buckles leads FIU over UAB 78-73
MIAMI (AP) - Rakeem Buckles had 21 points, 11 rebounds and five blocks to lead Florida International past UAB, 78-73 Thursday night.
FIU snapped a two-game losing skid while winning its third straight at home. Buckles had his 10th double-double of the season.
Down 60-56 with about 5 minutes to play, Buckles’ tip sparked a 13-2 run to give the Panthers a 69-62 lead with 2:24 remaining. C.J. Washington hit a 3-poointer to pull UAB to 69-65. Jerome Fink and Tymell Murphy both scored, and FIU made five of six free throws down the stretch to secure the win.
Chad Frazier scored 23 points and had five assists to lead UAB (14-8, 3-5 Conference USA). Washington scored 19 points, and Fahro Alihodzic added 10.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
- Russia besieges Crimea as U.S. seeks diplomacy; Putin remains undeterred by Obama's sanctions
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- Investigators puzzle: How does a 777 jetliner just disappear into thin air?
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt 'Boss Hogg' town from map
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again