- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Elon tops UNC Greensboro 72-66
Question of the Day
ELON, N.C. (AP) - Ryley Beaumont scored 14 points as Elon beat UNC Greensboro for the ninth consecutive time with a 72-66 victory on Thursday night.
Following an 11-1 run by UNC Greensboro, Elon (13-11, 6-3 Southern Conference) trailed 44-41 with less than 11 minutes to play. But the Phoenix then scored nine straight points to take a 50-44 lead that they never relinquished.
UNC Greensboro (11-14, 4-6) cut its deficit to 62-59 with 1:08 left but Lucas Troutman hit a jumper for Elon and the Phoenix made a pair of free throws on each of their next two possessions to help seal the win.
Troutman and Kevin Blake had 13 points apiece for Elon and Sebastian Koch added 11.
Kyle Cain and Tevon Saddler both added 16 points for UNC Greensboro, which shot just 35.9 percent from the field and 2 of 13 from beyond the arc.
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- EDITORIAL: For too many gays, 'tolerance' is a one-way street
- PRUDEN: Cooling the manufactured impeachment panic
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- Feds accept boredom, lack of work as excuses for surfing porn on clock
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world