- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
FSU’s Winston says he plans to play 2 more years
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston says Seminoles coach Jimbo Fisher was on the money when he said that the Heisman winner might play two more years of college football.
Winston told The Associated Press Thursday, that’s indeed his plan.
The redshirt freshman said he and Fisher - who said Wednesday while talking about the Seminoles recruiting class that the QB will be in Tallahassee two more years - have a good relationship, “so whatever he says most likely is true.”
“Obviously I’m a big baseball person, so that’s an accurate statement because I plan on playing baseball next season anyway,” said Winston, who is expected to be the Florida State’s closer this season.
Many NFL draft experts believe Winston would have been a high first-round pick, possibly No. 1 overall, if he was eligible for this year’s draft in April. NFL Media draft analyst Gil Brandt, who helped build the Super Bowl-winning Dallas Cowboys as vice president of player personnel from 1960 to 1989, has said Winston has a bright NFL future.
“Obviously, I’m not even worried about the draft and stuff like that,” Winston said Thursday. “I’m worried about winning championships here at Florida State.”
By Joy Overbeck
Redemption by government is futile
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Chavez seizes Cargill factory
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.