- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
George Lucas offered new site for SF museum plan
Question of the Day
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - A day after rejecting a museum proposal by George Lucas, the stewards of national park land at the base of San Francisco’s Golden Gate Bridge have offered the “Star Wars” creator a new location.
The San Francisco Chronicle reports (http://bit.ly/1ay73Z9 ) the Presidio Trust is offering Lucas a site next to his Letterman Digital Arts Center to house his collection of Americana art and Hollywood memorabilia.
The spot is just west of the old Letterman Hospital building, which now houses Lucasfilm’s special-effects and game units as well as its corporate offices.
A spokesman for Lucas says the director will look at the new location but is also entertaining offers from other cities.
On Monday the trust’s seven-member board voted unanimously against Lucas‘ plan for an 8-acre site overlooking San Francisco Bay.
Information from: San Francisco Chronicle, http://www.sfgate.com
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Russia shipping sophisticated weapons systems to Ukraine separatists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is 'torture'
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title
- Ted Nugent loses second casino gig for 'racist remarks'
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq