- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Trumbo, D-Backs agree at $4.8 million
Arizona acquired Trumbo from the Los Angeles Angels in December in a three-team trade that also included the Chicago White Sox. Trumbo hit 34 home runs last season and 32 in 2012. He has 95 home runs since reaching the major leagues in 2011.
A first baseman much of his time with the Angels, Trumbo is expected to play left field for Arizona.
Other than Paul Goldschmidt with 36 homers, the Diamondbacks had no one hit more than 14 last season.
Trumbo was Arizona’s last player in arbitration. He had asked for a raise from $540,000 to $5.85 million when the sides swapped proposed salaries last month, and the Diamondbacks had offered $3.4 million.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- CPAC 2014: Rand Paul urges conservatives to fight for liberty
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- EDITORIAL: Connecticut revolts against gun controls that could criminalize 300,000
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- Russia should be booted from FIFA World Cup, senators say
- PIPES: Islam's inadvertent adverse effects on adherents
- MILLER: Donald Trump says hes a Tea Party member
- Soldier who hid to avoid saluting the flag to be punished in secret; Army won't release details
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again