- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
5 Things to Know in Florida for Feb. 8
Question of the Day
Your daily look at news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today.
NO BAIL FOR EX-OFFICER CHARGED IN THEATER SHOOTING
Florida judge has denied bail for a former police officer charged in the fatal shooting of a man inside a movie theater. Judge Pat Siracusa watched a grainy video of the shooting and heard police interviews of witnesses before making his decision Friday. Curtis Reeves is charged with second-degree murder in the Jan. 13 killing of Chad Oulson. Authorities have said the men got into an argument when Oulson was texting during the movie previews.
OFFICERS TESTIFY IN FLORIDA SHOOTING OVER LOUD MUSIC
Police officers have testified that a Georgia teen died almost immediately after a Florida man fired repeatedly into his vehicle following an argument over loud music outside a Jacksonville convenience store. Officers Robert Holmes and Dawn Valentine of the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office said Friday they found 17-year-old Jordan Davis slumped against another young man in the backseat of the SUV.
ANIMALS FOUND DEAD IN MANATEE COUNTY
Investigators have found the remains of 20 dogs and cats and another 12 animals had to be euthanized after a discovery at a Manatee County animal sanctuary. Some 300 animals were rescued and are being housed in local animal facilities. An investigation is continuing.
BLACK BEAR KILLED ON INTERSTATE 4
A black bear was struck and killed by a car along Interstate 4 in Altamonte Springs early Friday. FHP says the bear wandered onto the interstate. The driver of the car that struck it tried to brake but wasn’t able to stop. He was not injured.
1 DEAD, 3 INJURED WHEN WOMAN DRIVES INTO MEDICAL CENTER
One person died and three others were injured when a 78-year-old woman accidentally backed into a medical center in New Smyrna Beach on Thursday.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Houston mayor: Sorry that police put man's blind dog on road to die
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors