- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Auburn trustees OK plan to replant oaks in 2015
Question of the Day
AUBURN, Ala. (AP) - Auburn University trustees have approved a plan to replant the oak trees at Toomer’s Corner early next year.
The move is part of a redevelopment plan adopted Friday.
Work will begin this spring to replace soil contaminated when a University of Alabama fan poisoned the trees with a powerful herbicide. The job will wrap up with planting two new trees in early 2015.
The new trees will replace the ones that died after being poisoned by ‘Bama fan Harvey Updyke, who pleaded guilty and served time in jail.
The redevelopment plan includes a circular wall and a tree-lined walkway from Toomer’s Corner to the Samford Hall lawn.
Officials expect the first phase of the work to cost about $900,000.
Updyke is paying almost $800,000 in restitution.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors