- Iran’s Rouhani: Israel, Islamic State are ‘tumors derived from the same origin’
- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
- Ohio gives Obama a thumbs down; Hillary Clinton tops GOP all-stars: poll
- Jesse Ventura suggests suit not over; HarperCollins could be next
- ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics: State Department
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
Boston man gets 9 years in murder-for-hire plot
Question of the Day
WORCESTER, Mass. (AP) - A 76-year-old Boston man has been sentenced to nine years in federal prison for trying to hire someone to have a Massachusetts prosecutor killed.
Pernell Powell was also sentenced Thursday to two years of probation.
Prosecutors say Powell offered his cellmate about $4,000 in 2011 to kill Assistant Worcester District Attorney Daniel Bennett, who was not trying Powell’s case, but recommended that Powell get up to five years in a drunken driving case. The cellmate alerted the FBI and cooperated in the investigation.
The Telegram & Gazette (http://bit.ly/1g1V1GH) reports that Bennett told a judge that prosecutors should not have to fear for their lives while doing their job.
Information from: Telegram & Gazette (Worcester, Mass.), http://www.telegram.com
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world