- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
US hockey GM expected to delay trip to Sochi
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - U.S. Olympic hockey general manager David Poile is expected to delay his scheduled trip to the Sochi Games this weekend as he recovers from two surgical procedures after getting hit in the face with an errant puck.
Polle is also the Predators GM and the Nashville team issued a statement Friday saying that “at this point, he will not travel to Sochi as originally planned with Team USA on Sunday, but he does look forward to joining Team USA during the Olympics.”
“It was a hard, rocket pass that skipped and hit him pretty flush, so we hope everything is fine there,” Trotz said.
The Predators said a date for Poile’s return to Nashville hasn’t been determined and is pending a doctor’s evaluation and recommendation. The Predators also said that “David and his family appreciate the inquiries and well-wishes received, but there will be no further comment at this time and they appreciate everyone respecting their privacy.”
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Obama engages in Ukraine diplomacy from Fla. resort as Russia digs in
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
- EDITORIAL: Senate rejects Adegbile for Justice post
- Italy outraged over U.S. gun dealer's 'David' ad
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again