- Extra-time goal gives Germany World Cup title over Argentina
- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
Whoopi Goldberg: ‘The View’ books conservatives when ‘going for ratings’
Question of the Day
Miss Goldberg tweeted in reply, “yeah.. Me too, but it’s sweeps apparently .. & they are going for ratings I’m sure.”
Miss Goldberg later tweeted a response to a stream of complaints about the conservative women guests: “Hey you don’t like a guest on @theviewtv tell them NOT me cos I don’t book the show.”
The show’s sole conservative host, Elisabeth Hasselbeck, left in July for “Fox & Friends,” leaving some to speculate that the remaining and more liberal-leaning hosts — Miss Goldberg, Barbara Walters, and now, Sherri Shepherd and Jenny McCarthy — wouldn’t be able to maintain the show’s popularity, absent any dissenting opinions.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Couple, 3 kids among 7 killed in Massachusetts apartment fire
- Californian who sold secret to China sentenced to 15 years in prison
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: 'Get yourself some firearms'
- Angry mom to Obama: Feds let illegal immigrant stay and 'KILL my son!'
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- DOJ investigates Nebraska parade float critical of Obama
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- CURL: The hypocrisy of Obama's 15-day Vineyard vacation
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
- Germany wins World Cup title on Mario Goetze goal in extra time
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Obama's 'blank check' rejected as border solution
- Inside the Beltway: White House grade slips to 'F'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs