- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Autopsy: remains ID’d as missing Va. officer
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) - An autopsy has confirmed that human remains discovered in Goochland County are those of a Waynesboro reserve police officer who was reported missing one week ago.
Kevin Wayne Quick’s body was found Thursday in a location approximately halfway between Richmond and Charlottesville. The 45-year-old Quick was reported missing on Feb. 1 when he failed to arrive at his girlfriend’s residence in Albemarle County.
Saturday, Virginia State Police said the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner concluded late Friday the remains were Quick‘s. Authorities have not released the cause of death.
Police have arrested five people who they say have some connection to Quick’s disappearance and death. None of the suspects has been charged with his death.
Quick was a highly regarded veteran of the reserve police force in Waynesboro.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- 'Deport Bieber' petition draws no comment from White House
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.