- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Canadian McMorris advances to slopestyle finals
Question of the Day
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia (AP) - Gold medal contender Mark McMorris is through to the men’s snowboard slopestyle finals.
The Canadian rider finished third in the semifinals on Saturday morning, posting a score of 89.25 on his second run to advance.
Billy Morgan of Britain led all riders with a 90.75, followed by American Sage Kotsenburg, McMorris and Yuki Kadono of Japan.
The quartet will join the eight riders who automatically qualified on Thursday. The finals are Saturday afternoon.
McMorris, who is dealing with a broken rib, botched his final landing during his first run and needed to come through the second time down the mountain. He delivered with a solid set and let his shoulders sag in relief when his score was posted.
Kotsenburg is the only American in the finals.
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Sarah Palin's online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world