- Obama hosting annual Easter Egg Roll
- Big Bang a big question for most Americans: Poll
- Jimmy Carter’s grandson: People have right to sport Confederate battle flag license plate
- Supreme Court issues no ruling on case challenging N.J. gun law
- Sharyl Attkisson: Media Matters ‘clearly targeted me’
- Sherpas consider boycott after Everest avalanche
- Democrat Rep. Stephen Lynch on Obamacare: ‘We will lose seats’ this November
- Syria to hold presidential election on June 3
- People will be safe at 118th Boston Marathon, Mayor Marty Walsh says
- Boy Scout, 12, killed by rolling tree during troop outing at Washington park
Coppin State beats Maryland-Eastern Shore 58-50
PRINCESS ANNE, Md. (AP) - Sterling Smith scored 12 points with four rebounds as Coppin State held on to beat Maryland-Eastern Shore 58-50 on Saturday.
Smith hit a 3-pointer at 3:08 in the first half to give Coppin State a 24-21 lead. But a Hakeem Baxter layup and two free throws by Shane Randall in under a minute helped Maryland-Eastern Shore establish a 30-26 advantage at halftime.
The lead changed hands seven times in the low-scoring second period with the Eagles going 11-0 in the final 3:35 to emerge with the win.
Andre Armstrong came off the bench to score 13 points for the Eagles (9-14, 6-4 Mid-Eastern Conference). Michael Murray added 10 points with 10 rebounds.
Troy Snyder led the Hawks (3-17, 1-7) with 15 points, four assists and nine rebounds. Maryland-Eastern Shore hit just 17 of 52 (32.7 percent) from the field during the contest.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Twitter blocks accounts critical of Turkish government
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Jimmy Carter's grandson: People have right to sport Confederate battle flag license plate
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.