- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Dougherty leads Penn to 68-60 win against Columbia
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - Fran Dougherty had 19 first-half points and 23 overall to lead Pennsylvania to a 68-60 win over Columbia Saturday night.
Dougherty made all eight of his field goal attempts in the first half and grabbed 12 rebounds overall for his fifth double-double of the season and his second in as many games.
Penn (6-13, 3-2 Ivy League) also won back-to-back games for the first time this season as it shot 54.2 percent from the field and 68.2 percent in the first half.
Dougherty had 10 points during an 18-5 run that helped the Quakers jump ahead 19-10; they extended to a 10-point advantage at half and led by no less than six throughout the second. Tony Hicks added 13 points for the Quakers.
Alex Rosenberg had 17 points for Columbia (14-9, 3-3). Maodo Lo added 16 and Meiko Lyles 11.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- CPAC 2014: Rand Paul urges conservatives to fight for liberty
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Soldier who hid to avoid saluting the flag to be punished in secret; Army won't release details
- EDITORIAL: Connecticut revolts against gun controls that could criminalize 300,000
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
- MILLER: Donald Trump says hes a Tea Party member
- Couple from Ethiopia begin new life in Dubuque
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again