- Just-forged Israel-Hamas cease-fire ends in rocket fire
- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
Elon beats Georgia Southern 60-59
Question of the Day
ELON, N.C. (AP) - Ryley Beaumont scored 14 points and grabbed 13 rebounds Saturday night and Jack Isenbarger hit the game-winning 3-pointer as Elon downed Georgia Southern 60-59.
Elon (14-11, 7-3 Southern) jumped to an 8-2 lead, but Georgia Southern came back on a 12-2 run, and led by seven on a 3-pointer by Brian Holmes. Elon’s Kevin Blake capped a 7-0 run with a dunk to tie it at 25, and the Phoenix finished with an 8-2 run to lead 35-32 at halftime.
Georgia Southern took a 39-37 second-half lead on a trey by Jelani Hewitt and pulled ahead 51-45 on a jumper by Holmes. Elon closed to within two on a free throw by Ryan Winters, and then Isenbarger hit his 3-pointer with 2 seconds left.
Isenbarger finished with 10.
Hewitt led Georgia Southern (11-14, 4-6) with 20, Kyle Doyle scored 12 and grabbed 10 rebounds, and Angel Matias had 10 boards.
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- EDITORIAL: For too many gays, 'tolerance' is a one-way street
- PRUDEN: Cooling the manufactured impeachment panic
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- Feds accept boredom, lack of work as excuses for surfing porn on clock
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world