- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
Florida Gulf Coast crushes North Florida 73-46
Question of the Day
FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP) - Chase Fieler and Bernard Thompson scored 17 points apiece as Florida Gulf Coast crushed North Florida 73-46 on Saturday.
Florida Gulf Coast (16-9, 10-2 Atlantic Sun) shot 55 percent and won its fourth in a row to keep pace with Mercer atop the A-Sun. Brett Comer chipped in with 10 points and nine rebounds.
North Florida (13-13, 7-6) was led by Demarcus Daniels and Chris Davenport with 11 points apiece, while Beau Beech added 10. The Ospreys made just 4 of 19 beyond the arc.
FGCU dominated early, opening a 27-10 lead. North Florida closed the half with a 17-11 run to trail by 10 at intermission.
The Eagles came out on fire after the break with a 20-2 run to bust open the affair. Thompson hit a pair of treys, along with another jumper, to key the spurt as FGCU coasted to the big win.
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- Obama takes aim at 'corporate deserters'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq