- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Holmes leads No. 17 WVU women past K-State 84-44
Question of the Day
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) - Bria Holmes had a career-high 31 points and Taylor Palmer surpassed the 1,000 point-mark on Saturday as No. 17 West Virginia defeated Kansas 84-44.
Holmes reached the 30-point mark on a pair of free throws with 3:34 left and Palmer achieved her career milestone on a 3-pointer with 2:52 left in the first half. Palmer was also the last Mountaineer to score 30 or more when she had 30 against Oklahoma on Jan. 3, 2013.
The Mountaineers ended the first half on a 26-5 run to lead 43-24 at halftime. Holmes made 5 of 8 3-pointers and had 19 points before the break.
Christal Caldwell added 17 points and Palmer finished with 13 for WVU (20-3, 9-2 Big 12) which finished 11 of 19 from 3-point range.
Leticia Romero scored 12 points for Kansas State (9-13, 3-8) which shot just 26.7 percent from the field.
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- BERMAN & MADYOON: An Iranian-Turkish reset
- MAY: Barbarians at Jordan's gate
- EDITORIAL: Obamacare in intensive care
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq