- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Montana holds off Eastern Washington 82-77
MISSOULA, Mont. (AP) - Kareem Jamar scored 23 points - 14 in the second half - and Montana held off Eastern Washington 82-77 on Saturday night.
Montana missed 3 free throws in the final minute and Eastern Washington responded by scoring nine points to close within three with 4 seconds remaining. Keron DeShields knocked down both of his free throws for Montana’s final possession to seal it for the Grizzlies.
The Grizzlies (12-9, 7-5 Big Sky) closed out the first half on an 11-5 run after leading by just three, and entered the break ahead 41-32. They opened the second half on a 7-0 run as the Eagles went 4:08 without a basket.
Tyler Harvey led Eastern Washington (10-13, 5-7) with 24 points after making all 11 shots from the free-throw line and Drew Brandon added 19.
Montana knocked down 10 3-pointers and shot 41.7 percent from distance.
By Tammy Bruce
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- IRS to turn over Lerner emails in tea party targeting probe
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again