- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
NC closes waters to spotted sea trout after kills
Question of the Day
MOREHEAD CITY, N.C. (AP) - State officials have closed coastal and inland waters to commercial and recreational spotted sea trout fishing after recent cold weather led to fish kills.
The N.C. Division of Marine Fisheries says the waters will remain closed until June 15.
Division Director Louis Daniel issued a proclamation this week closing all coastal waters after cold stun events were confirmed in several coastal rivers, bays and creeks.
Under a management plan, if a significant cold stun event occurs, the division will close all spotted sea trout harvest to allow those that survive the maximum time to spawn in spring.
The spotted trout season, which closed officially at noon on Wednesday, is typically open all year. Seafood dealers have until Feb. 12 to get rid of unfrozen spotted trout taken before the closure.
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Democratic Sen. John Walsh plagiarized War College master's thesis: report
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Hezbollah warring in Syria could join fight against Israel
- Netanyahu's Wikipedia page replaced with giant Palestinian flag
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Pro-Russia rebel commander suggests passengers died days before Malaysian flight
- TYRRELL: The birth of a new alignment in the Middle East
- Despite rhetoric, gun prosecutions plummet under Obama
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq