- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
SE Missouri St defeats Eastern Illinois 74-68
Question of the Day
CHARLESTON, Ill. (AP) - Jarekious Bradley, who scored 13 points and had 10 rebounds, made three free throws in the final 24 seconds to secure a 74-68 victory for Southeast Missouri State over Eastern Illinois Saturday.
Bradley made a layup with 3:10 remaining to give the Redhawks a 68-60 lead. Chris Olivier followed with a layup for EIU and Reggie Smith made three free throws as the Panthers closed to 68-65 with 1:22 remaining. After a Nino Johnson free throw, Sherman Blanford sank two free throws as EIU trailed 69-67 with 37 seconds left.
Darrian Gray had 18 points and Tyler Stone added 16 for SE Missouri (13-12, 4-7 Ohio Valley Conference).
The Redhawks won the battle in the paint, making 36 points, compared to 22 for EIU.
Sherman Blanford had 20 points, Smith had 13 and Alex Austin added 12 for EIU (9-15, 6-6).
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Inside China: Massive flight woes and a missile test
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq