- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
- Law firm that cleared N.J. Gov. Christie in ‘Bridgegate’ gave 10K to RGA, which he heads
- PETA ‘hopping mad’ at Michelle Obama for using real eggs at Easter Egg Roll
- Sneaky Nebraska toddler traps self inside claw machine game
- Biden to lead $600 million work force training effort
- Atheists’ Easter taunt to Christians: ‘Jesus is a myth’
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show
Smith leads Louisiana Tech past North Texas 90-75
RUSTON, La. (AP) - Kenneth Smith finished with 16 points, 10 assists and three steals Saturday night as Louisiana Tech beat North Texas 90-75.
Smith moved into third place on the school’s all-time assist list (496) and his 183 assists this season is the fourth highest single-season total in Louisiana Tech history. He needs 36 assists to break Wayne Smith’s record of 218 set in the 1985-86 season.
Jordan Williams’ dunk with 4:43 left in the first half gave North Texas a 30-21 advantage, but Louisiana Tech (20-5, 8-2 Conference USA) closed the first period with a 16-6 run to take a 37-36 lead into the break.
Chris Anderson hit a pair of free throws with 10:16 remaining to cap a 22-7 spurt which resulted in a 64-47 Bulldog lead.
Louisiana Tech led by as many as 21 points in the second half.
Williams paced North Texas (11-12, 2-7) with 17 points.
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- EDITORIAL: Intolerance at Brandeis silences Muslim dissident Hirsi Ali
- Kirsten Dunst: Actress sparks feminist ire: 'You need a man to be a man'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.