- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Financial disclosure incomplete in Dallas County
Question of the Day
DALLAS (AP) - The financial disclosure system for elected officials in Dallas County is a confused mess where it appears some officials, including the sheriff, do not submit their required reports.
The Dallas Morning News reports (http://dallasne.ws/1ksDQCr ) that it appears Sheriff Lupe Valdez has not submitted her financial disclosures since 2008 and two constables have never filed while in their current positions. A sheriff’s spokeswoman said only that the sheriff was in good standing with the state.
Even County Clerk John Warren, who is in charge of collecting most of the disclosures, admitted he is not sure of everyone who is supposed to submit them.
The forms are supposed to provide the public with information about elected officials’ assets. With that information available, it is sometimes easier to spot potential conflicts of interest.
Information from: The Dallas Morning News, http://www.dallasnews.com
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- D.C. plans to seek stay of order striking down ban on handguns in public
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq