- Argentina beats Dutch in shootout to reach World Cup final
- Tanard Jackson suspended indefinitely by NFL — again
- FAA investigating fireworks drone flights
- Pentagon: We’ll give Obama a drone strike with al-Baghdadi’s name on it
- Marine in Mexican custody to get day in court after 101 days
- Senate OKs San Antonio mayor as housing secretary
- NFL star likely fooled by Marine impostor who accepted first-class plane ticket
- Sen. Ted Cruz tweets Obama directions from fundraisers to border towns
- Israel hits key Hamas targets in Gaza offensive
- Ten-year sentence for New Orleans’ Nagin on graft charges
W. Michigan holds on, edges N. Illinois 74-71
Question of the Day
DEKALB, Ill. (AP) - David Brown scored 26 points, hitting 5 of 8 from 3-point range, as Western Michigan held on for a 74-71 win over Northern Illinois on Sunday.
Western Michigan (14-8, 7-3 Mid-American) led by as many as 16 in the second half and was up by 12 with less than 6 minutes to play but Northern Illinois went on an 11-1 run to come within 71-69 with 2:04 left.
Missed free throws by Western Michigan gave Northern Illinois (10-12, 4-6) chances to tie the game in the waning seconds but the Huskies missed a pair of 3-pointers, including a potential game-tying 3 at the buzzer by Aaric Armstead.
Shayne Whittington added 15 points and Connar Tava scored 12 for Western Michigan, which shot 52.8 percent from the field and has now won nine straight over Northern Illinois.
Jordan Threloff led the Huskies with 16 points.
By Ted Cruz
Banning speech with a constitutional amendment is playing with fire
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
- White House plans for bowling alley upgrades abruptly canceled
- Obama requests $3.7 billion to fight surge of illegals
- GORDON: Russia plays its own game away from the World Cup
- Islamic militants aim to take Baghdad airport
- Power grab: EPA wants to garnish wages of polluters
- Malaysian MP not sorry for tweeting 'long live Hitler' after Germany win
- Costco to re-stock Dinesh D'Souza's 'America' after public outry
- EDITORIAL: Whats Obama hiding at illegal-alien 'refugee' camps?
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener