- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
Winter storm watches issued in Alabama
Question of the Day
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) - Forecasters say they’re expecting a major winter storm in the Tennessee Valley region along with snow and freezing rain in north central Alabama this week.
The National Weather Service says a winter storm watch will be in effect Monday afternoon through Tuesday morning.
Forecasters are expecting snow and sleet from 3 p.m. Monday to noon on Tuesday. Forecasters are expecting between 2 and 4 inches of snow in parts of north Alabama. Officials say they expect the winter weather to impact road conditions throughout the state’s northern regions.
Forecasters say they’re also expecting snow, sleet and freezing rain north of a line from Tuscaloosa to Birmingham and Ranburne in eastern Alabama.
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Russia shipping sophisticated weapons systems to Ukraine separatists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is 'torture'
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq