- PHILLIPS: Liberal lawyers ensuring illegal aliens are never deported
- Chris Christie leading N.H. GOP presidential field; Mitt Romney lingers large
- NYC creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
- Florida judge slaps GOP’s redistricting plans: You ‘made a mockery’ of process
- Muslims give Obama high marks over first half of 2014
- Pennsylvania sends draft notices to 14K dead men
- KISS rocker Gene Simmons touts 1 percent life: ‘It’s fantastic’
- Texas shooting suspect had faced other charges
- Californian who sold secret to China sentenced to 15 years in prison
- Couple, 3 kids among 7 killed in Massachusetts apartment fire
13 taken to hospitals after Minneapolis fire
Question of the Day
A fire at an apartment building in Minneapolis has sent 13 people to the hospital on the first morning of the new year.
There were reports of an explosion at the three-story apartment building, followed by a fire that emergency personnel are currently working to extinguish.
13 people were injured, some critically, with injuries including burns and trauma from jumping or falling from windows, Robert Ball, a spokesman for Hennepin County Emergency Medical Services, told reporters.
Fire officials are uncertain what might have started the blaze or caused the reported explosion, and Mr. Ball said they are still trying to determine if anyone is left inside the building. The fire is still too dangerous for firefighters to enter the building, he said.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Phillip Swarts is an investigative reporter for The Washington Times, covering fiscal waste, fraud and political ethics. He is a graduate of the Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern University and previously worked as an investigative reporter for the Washington Guardian. Phillip can be reached at email@example.com.
- Federal agents interacted with student during five-day jailing
- Golden Hammer: A Year in Review: $73B of fiscal waste identified for the taxpayer
- Aldrin in cyberspace: Moon explorer marks milestone
- Ten-year sentence for New Orleans' Nagin on graft charges
- Legal gun sellers threatened in loan fraud prevention program
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Senate majority leader practices politics of personal destruction
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- Obama seeks brisk passage of border children funding bill
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
- BRUCE: The feds plot to steal your paycheck
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
- Bush fixed bowling lanes that Obama wants to renovate
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Amid border crisis, Obama to take 15-day vacation in Martha's Vineyard
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs