- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
AP source: Smith reaches deal to coach Tampa Bay
Question of the Day
Speaking to The Associated Press on Wednesday night on the condition of anonymity because an official announcement hasn’t been made, the person also says former Minnesota Vikings coach Leslie Frazier will be the Buccaneers’ defensive coordinator.
The 55-year-old Smith will replace Greg Schiano, fired Monday after going 4-12 this season and 11-21 in two years with the team. Frazier also was fired Monday.
Smith was 81-63 in nine seasons with Chicago, leading the 2006 team to the Super Bowl _ where the Bears lost Indianapolis. He was fired a year ago after the Bears finished 10-6 and missed the playoffs for the fifth time in six seasons.
Smith was Tampa Bay’s linebackers coach under Tony Dungy from 1996-2000, then spent three seasons as the St. Louis Rams’ defensive coordinator on Mike Martz’s staff.
AP Sports Writer Jon Krawczynski in Minneapolis contributed to this report.
AP NFL website: http://www.pro32.ap.org
Exchanges reveal an ugly American abroad out to bring down conservatives
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world