- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Sen. John Cornyn wallops Obama administration in campaign ad
Sen. John Cornyn of Texas released a new campaign commercial that plays up his conservative credentials and accuses the Obama administration of trying to ram his liberal agenda down the nation’s throat.
The narrator in the 30-second ad says Mr. Obama is “astonishingly liberal” and has squandered the public’s trust by “using backhanded methods to change the very fabric of American life.”
“Who stands up to him? John Cornyn,” the narrator says of the two-term incumbent. “Conservative, pro-life, lives the Second Amendment, fights for truth from a dishonest administration. He stands up to Obama everyday and pushes back.”
The spot features video clips and pictures that allude to the attacks on a diplomatic post in Benghazi that left four Americans dead, including the U.S. Ambassador to Libya, and the conservative opposition to Obamacare.
It closes with footage of Mr. Cornyn talking with people on a farm in a cowboy hat.
Mr. Cornyn faces a primary challenge from Rep. Steven Stockman, a conservative and tea-party favorite who surprised many by jumping into the race last year.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- CPAC 2014: Despite GOP push on immigration, doubts rampant
- CPAC 2014: GOP optimism, agenda emerge at CPAC
- Debate between libertarians, social conservatives to play out at CPAC
- Rep. Ed Royce: Way to weaken Putin is to mess with his money
- Obama's budget doesn't bode well for compromise: Rep. Paul Ryan
Latest Blog Entries
- Most New Jersey voters say Gov. Chris Christie lied
- Political handicapper: GOP poised to win House seats in 2014
- Axelrod: Christie can recover from the bridge scandal
- ACLJ: Appointment of Obama supporter to lead IRS probe 'troubling'
- Americans support minimum wage increase, extending jobless benefits: poll
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- MSNBC's Rachel Maddow: Bush to blame for Ukraine
- Christine O'Donnell eager to re-engage in political debate
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
- U.S. tasks Navy destroyer to Black Sea amid Ukraine tensions
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again