- Donald Rumsfeld has ‘no idea’ if he paid taxes correctly
- Bradley Manning named honorary grand marshal of San Francisco Pride parade
- Look out PayPal: Facebook working toward mobile payments system
- U.S. rebukes Iran’s U.N. envoy pick over 1979 embassy attack
- Stoned mom avoids jail after driving 12 miles with baby on roof
- More than 100 ‘inappropriate’ encounters between NYC school staffers, students since 2009: report
- Joe Biden to Boston bombing survivors: ‘America will never, ever stand down’
- FBI failed to throughly vet Boston bombing suspect after Russian lead, report finds
- Atlanta Braves flooded with Hank Aaron hate mail: He’s a ‘scumbag’
- University: Help, our campus is too white
Sen. John Cornyn wallops Obama administration in campaign ad
Sen. John Cornyn of Texas released a new campaign commercial that plays up his conservative credentials and accuses the Obama administration of trying to ram his liberal agenda down the nation’s throat.
The narrator in the 30-second ad says Mr. Obama is “astonishingly liberal” and has squandered the public’s trust by “using backhanded methods to change the very fabric of American life.”
“Who stands up to him? John Cornyn,” the narrator says of the two-term incumbent. “Conservative, pro-life, lives the Second Amendment, fights for truth from a dishonest administration. He stands up to Obama everyday and pushes back.”
The spot features video clips and pictures that allude to the attacks on a diplomatic post in Benghazi that left four Americans dead, including the U.S. Ambassador to Libya, and the conservative opposition to Obamacare.
It closes with footage of Mr. Cornyn talking with people on a farm in a cowboy hat.
Mr. Cornyn faces a primary challenge from Rep. Steven Stockman, a conservative and tea-party favorite who surprised many by jumping into the race last year.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Freedom Summit unofficial start to '16 GOP primary
- Eric Cantor falls hard from good graces of conservatives
- Eric Cantor pressured to skip conference by moderate GOP group
- GOP congressman: Empower states to legalize marijuana
- Gov. Jindal: GOP 2016 White House nominee should be a governor
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By returning to goodness, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- Russian fighter jet buzzes U.S. Navy destroyer in Black Sea
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Donald Rumsfeld has 'no idea' if he paid taxes correctly
- Wal-Mart forced to apologize for 'mistake' favoring English-speaking shoppers
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes