- Rep. Jeff Miller: ‘Ain’t no leash for VA’
- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
- Landslide hits Indian village; 150 may be trapped
- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
Sen. John Cornyn wallops Obama administration in campaign ad
Question of the Day
Sen. John Cornyn of Texas released a new campaign commercial that plays up his conservative credentials and accuses the Obama administration of trying to ram his liberal agenda down the nation’s throat.
The narrator in the 30-second ad says Mr. Obama is “astonishingly liberal” and has squandered the public’s trust by “using backhanded methods to change the very fabric of American life.”
“Who stands up to him? John Cornyn,” the narrator says of the two-term incumbent. “Conservative, pro-life, lives the Second Amendment, fights for truth from a dishonest administration. He stands up to Obama everyday and pushes back.”
The spot features video clips and pictures that allude to the attacks on a diplomatic post in Benghazi that left four Americans dead, including the U.S. Ambassador to Libya, and the conservative opposition to Obamacare.
It closes with footage of Mr. Cornyn talking with people on a farm in a cowboy hat.
Mr. Cornyn faces a primary challenge from Rep. Steven Stockman, a conservative and tea-party favorite who surprised many by jumping into the race last year.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Democrats may win at fundraising but still lose to GOP at polls
- Impeachment talks revving up Democratic base: DCCC
- Boehner says impeachment talk is Democratic fundraising ploy
- Achin' for Akin: Democrats praying for GOP Gaffes in midterms
- GOP 2014: Republican governors cite their economic stewardship
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell's wife had 'crush' on CEO
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women's fitness tests
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world