- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
2 die after crash in southwestern Illinois ditch
Question of the Day
NEW MEMPHIS, Ill. (AP) - Authorities say two people died after their truck ran off a southern Illinois road and overturned in a water-filled ditch.
The Belleville News-Democrat reports (http://bit.ly/KUzrIW ) 20-year-old Chris Harper and 18-year-old Josie Lee Walker died Sunday in Clinton County.
Clinton County Coroner Phil Moss says Harper lost control of the truck, which landed in the ditch near New Memphis that was filled with about 3 ½ feet of water from melting snow. They were in the chilly water for about an hour and both died hours later at St. Joseph’s Hospital in Breese (breez).
Investigators say the road was covered with water from the snow melt.
New Memphis is about 30 miles from St. Louis.
Information from: Belleville News-Democrat, http://www.bnd.com
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell's wife had 'crush' on CEO
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world