- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
62 dogs found in minivan broken down in Ohio
HEBRON, Ohio (AP) - Authorities say an Indiana dog breeder whose minivan broke down in central Ohio was transporting 62 dogs, some four or five to a crate.
Licking County Humane Society Executive Director Lori Carlson says the animals were stacked “bottom to top” in the van when it was discovered in the parking lot of a hotel in Hebron, east of Columbus, on Saturday afternoon.
Carlson said the dogs, some just a few weeks old, had coats covered with feces and urine.
The driver reported being hired by the breeder to take the 50 adult dogs and 12 puppies to an animal rescue in New Jersey. They now are in Ohio animal shelters.
The county prosecutor’s office will consider charges in the case.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- AP Exclusive: Man said to create bitcoin denies it
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- U.S. tasks Navy destroyer to Black Sea amid Ukraine tensions
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rutgers professors to Condi Rice: Go home, and take your speech with you
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again