- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Ala. man found dead in crawl space identified
Question of the Day
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) - Jefferson County sheriff’s officials have identified a man who was found dead in the crawl space beneath his ex-wife’s house last week.
Sheriff’s spokesman Randy Christian says the man has been identified as 56-year-old Douglas Williams.
Christian says Williams was divorced from his wife in 2011 and had been staying with friends when he could, but was best described as transient and unemployed.
Christian says the man’s ex-wife last saw him on Christmas Eve and his sister saw him four or five days before his body was discovered Friday afternoon. Authorities have said the man was found sitting in a chair beneath his ex-wife’s home.
Coroner’s officials say the man appears to have died of natural causes including exposure that may have been complicated by asthma and high blood pressure.
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world