- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
Indiana C Luke Fischer transfers to Marquette
Question of the Day
MILWAUKEE (AP) - Indiana center Luke Fischer has transferred to Marquette.
The Golden Eagles announced Fischer’s transfer Monday.
The 6-foot-11, 230-pounder will be eligible to play for Marquette on Dec. 14. Under NCAA rules, he will be able to practice with the team until then, but won’t travel with the squad.
Coach Buzz Williams says Fischer fits a need on Marquette’s roster.
Fischer played in 13 games off the bench as a freshman this season for the Hoosiers, chipping in 2.8 points and 2.1 rebounds per game. He scored a personal-best 10 points in a win over Kennesaw State on Dec. 22.
A 2013 graduate of Germantown (Wis.) High School, Fischer helped his team to a pair of undefeated campaigns and state championships.
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Let it roll: D.C. Council hits Las Vegas on taxpayer's dime, leaves $14,000 tab
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq