- Mexican train carrying 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S. derails
- Secret Service begins regular K-9 patrols around White House
- Pentagon’s human memory-chip program moves forward
- Obama blasts GOP, ignores immigration crisis in Texas speech
- Marine Warfighting Lab tests the Godzilla of amphibious assault vehicles
- Harry Reid: Birth-control ruling the worst Supreme Court decision in 25 years
- Vet suicides ‘horrible human cost’ of VA dysfunction: lawmaker
- First marijuana customer in Spokane says he was fired
- Hagel: ‘Make no mistake,’ ISIL is an ‘imminent’ threat to U.S.
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to ‘fight for national sovereignty’
Duke: PG Gray to miss season with broken kneecap
Question of the Day
DURHAM, N.C. (AP) - Duke point guard Chelsea Gray will miss the rest of the season after breaking her kneecap.
Team officials disclosed Gray’s injury Monday.
The senior broke her right kneecap during the first half of the third-ranked Blue Devils’ victory over Boston College on Sunday. The injury was initially thought to be a bruised thigh.
“For all of us, it’s almost impossible to talk about right now,” Duke head coach Joanne P. McCallie said in a statement. “We are just working through it as best we can and trying to support Chelsea in all ways possible. Our hearts go out to Chelsea and her family.”
Gray dislocated the same kneecap last season and that injury kept her out of the ACC and NCAA tournaments.
The reigning ACC co-player of the year averages 10.8 points and leads the league in assists and steals for Duke (16-1, 3-0).
“It is definitely the nature of sport where different people step up, especially in the face of adversity,” said McCallie. “There’s no question our team is strong and our team will do that without question. It’s just a little bit hard to fathom at the current moment, but we will.”
Duke will host Virginia on Thursday.
By Ted Cruz
Banning speech with a constitutional amendment is playing with fire
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
- HUSAIN: The fake caliph of 'The Islamic State'
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- HUSAR: Mexicos Pena Nieto passes the immigration bucket
- Amid border crisis, Obama to take 15-day vacation in Martha's Vineyard
- Illegal immigrants showing up at border with 'Yes we can' Obama shoes: report
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Jesse Jackson hits Obama for putting immigrant children first
- Facebook allows 'Kill Kendall Jones' page, but deletes her game hunting photos
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener