- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Kershaw, Price, Scherzer among 146 in arbitration
NEW YORK (AP) - Cy Young Award winners Clayton Kershaw of the Los Angeles Dodgers and Max Scherzer of the Detroit Tigers headed 146 players who filed for salary arbitration.
Tampa Bay pitcher David Price, Pittsburgh third baseman Pedro Alvarez, Cincinnati pitcher Aroldis Chapman, Arizona outfielder Mark Trumbo, Baltimore catcher Matt Wieters and Washington pitcher Jordan Zimmermann also were among those who filed Tuesday.
Players are set to swap proposed salaries with their clubs Friday, and hearings will be scheduled for next month in St. Petersburg, Fla.
Of the 133 players who filed last year, none went to hearings - the first time since the process began in 1974 that every case settled. After peaking at 35 hearings in 1986, the number of cases argued hasn’t reached double digits since 2001.
Players in arbitration averaged a 119 percent increase last year, according to a study by The Associated Press.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.