- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Killing under guise of freedom
With the Supreme Court’s refusal to hear the appeal of Arizona’s prohibition against abortion being performed after 20 weeks, the justices have once again demonstrated their arrogance and contempt for the rule of law and states’ rights as defined by the Constitution (“Supreme Court won’t hear case on Arizona abortion ban,” Web, Jan. 13).
By refusing to consider the right of the state of Arizona to enact laws supported by its residents through the legislature, the Supreme Court foments contempt for Arizona’s rulings, contributes to the polarized viciousness between liberals and conservatives, and gives credibility to the notion that through the obstructionism inherent in legislating from the bench, the federal courts are usurping the prerogatives of lawfully empowered legislatures and the will of the people. No more lifetime appointments to the federal bench.
The Supreme Court is at the root of the destruction of America, the tradition of upholding the literal meaning of the Constitution and the value we used to place on life, including the lives of the unborn.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Get Breaking Alerts
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
- FIELDS: Oscars' fantasy on the Left Coast
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Time for feckless president to show resolve
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama reserves 'Chicago way' for GOP
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Public education would wither in free market
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Turkey not committed to Cyprus peace
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Spoiled-kid culture creates greedy adults