- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford thanks supporters at re-election campaign bash
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Scandal double standard
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is in the news again ("Most New Jersey voters say Gov. Chris Christie lied," Web, Jan. 10). I'd rather see Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker or Sen. Rand Paul, Kentucky Republican, become president before Mr. Christie, but I feel the need to put things in perspective.
Watergate was a scandal about a third-rate burglary of a hotel room, yet it brought down a presidency. The mainstream media hammered on it every day for weeks. Now we have the Fast and Furious gunrunning scandal, the IRS targeting scandal, the NSA spying scandal, the Benghazi killings cover-up and Mr. Christie's traffic-cone scandal. The last should be much further down the list in terms of importance. Mr. Christie addressed it in a nearly two-hour press briefing and fired those responsible. It's time to move on.
Democrats and the mainstream media are giving the orange-cone scandal the Watergate treatment. Have the other scandals been minimized because they involve President Obama, whom the media don't want to taint? No one died at Watergate, unlike the Fast and Furious scandal and the Benghazi cover-up. We have three more years of Mr. Obama. How many more scandals will garner minimum attention and then be tossed aside?
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- BRUCE: Obama deliberately emboldening America's enemies
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Probe Boston teen's medical, custody case
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Bundy support a modern-day Tiananmen protest
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: An honorable president would resign
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Bundy support demonstrates voters' distrust
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obamacare disasters were avoidable