- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Dem Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney to marry partner
Question of the Day
WASHINGTON (AP) - Freshman congressman Sean Patrick Maloney plans to marry his longtime partner, who proposed over Christmas.
The New York Democrat released a statement on Tuesday with partner Randy Florke. They say after 21 years together they’re excited to take the next step and share a special day with family.
Florke’s proposal came after one of their adopted children, 11-year-old Essie, wrote to Santa wishing for her parents to be married.
Maloney will be one of two members of Congress married to a same-sex partner. Democratic congressman Mark Pocan of Wisconsin is also in a same-sex marriage.
In 2012, then-congressman Barney Frank of Massachusetts became the first member of Congress to marry his same-sex partner.
Maloney represents the 18th congressional district, about 50 miles north of New York City.
TWT Video Picks
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- MSNBC's Ronan Farrow questions lack of racial diversity in emoji characters
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama vows veto of House border bill
- ISTOOK: Get ready for super-priced burgers due to NLRB decree
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world