- Malaysia Airlines pilots sometimes left cockpit door unlocked: U.S. businessman
- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
Ohio legislator facing trial will seek re-election
MASON, Ohio (AP) - A southwest Ohio legislator facing trial on charges of security fraud, theft and other counts says he’s seeking re-election.
Republican Rep. Pete Beck says he wants to continue serving his communities in the seat he’s held since 2009. The Dayton Daily News (http://bit.ly/19szZ4l ) reports Beck has filed his petitions in Warren County. The district includes part of Butler County.
Beck rejected calls that he should resign last year after his indictment on charges alleging he misled investors and used their money for personal gain. Through attorneys, he denied the allegations as “scandalous.”
Beck is a former mayor and councilman in the northern Cincinnati suburb of Mason.
Mason resident Mary Jo Kubicki also is running in the Republican primary May 6, and Warren County Republicans say there could be another contender.
TWT Video Picks
By David A. Clarke Jr.
Blame Washington's intelligence failure, not lack of police
- CURL: We completely overhauled American health care to insure 4.2 million people?
- California gun store owner refuses to hand over customer list
- Bill Maher: God a 'psychotic mass murderer' who 'drowns babies'
- Firefighters discover church's Bible in Harlem rubble following gas explosion
- Crimea votes in favor of secession, U.S. rejects
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- McCaul offers scenario where missing Malaysian jet lands in hostile country to be use as missile
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- Trust me: Obama promises new overtime rules will be 'easier for everyone'
- Officials in three states bank on states' rights argument to stop gay marriage spread
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014