- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Brown, Quick lead scrappy Kings past Canucks 1-0
Question of the Day
“It was one of our best games of the year,” Canucks captain Henrik Sedin said. “If you look at the way we were battling, getting in on the forecheck and everything we need to do to win games, we were right there. … We didn’t really care about (penalties) today. We went out there and did everything we could to stand up for each other and for our teammates, and we killed off those penalties anyway.”
The Kings had a man advantage for 8:13 in the first period after Tom Sestito was ejected for attempting to instigate a fight with Nolan, who didn’t even drop his stick.
Los Angeles finally broke through when Vancouver’s defense ended up out of position to stop the Kings‘ top three offensive players on a 3-on-1, with Brown batting home a rebound of Anze Kopitar’s shot for his 10th goal.
NOTES: Los Angeles begins a five-game trip in St. Louis on Thursday, returning to Southern California for back-to-back games against Anaheim. The Kings don’t play at Staples Center again until Jan. 30 while the Grammys take over the building, but they will have a “home” game at Dodger Stadium against the Ducks on Jan. 25. … Luongo was scratched, and Joacim Eriksson backed up Lack.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Islamic militants seize Benghazi as U.S. evacuates Libya
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors