- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Central Pa. man waives hearing in infant’s death
LANCASTER, Pa. (AP) - A central Pennsylvania man waived a preliminary hearing Wednesday in the shooting death of his infant daughter on Christmas Eve.
Prosecutors said Davis, a novice with firearms, pulled the trigger as he was handling a newly purchased 9 mm handgun and accidentally hit 2-month-old Kestyn, who was in a nearby baby’s swing in their apartment outside Lancaster.
Davis signed paperwork for the waiver in district court in Lancaster County, The (Lancaster) Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era reported (http://bit.ly/L5e482 ). In turn, a district judge sent the case to county court.
Conrad said Davis, who was allowed to remain free on $300,000 unsecured bail, will waive formal arraignment Feb. 14 and schedule a hearing to enter the plea, which could be as soon as later in February or in March.
Information from: Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era , http://lancasteronline.com
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Paul Ryan to meet with black lawmakers after 'inner cities' flap
- Georgia's new carry law a big win for gun rights
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014