- PHILLIPS: Liberal lawyers ensuring illegal aliens are never deported
- Chris Christie leading N.H. GOP presidential field; Mitt Romney lingers large
- NYC creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
- Florida judge slaps GOP’s redistricting plans: You ‘made a mockery’ of process
- Muslims give Obama high marks over first half of 2014
- Pennsylvania sends draft notices to 14K dead men
- KISS rocker Gene Simmons touts 1 percent life: ‘It’s fantastic’
- Texas shooting suspect had faced other charges
- Californian who sold secret to China sentenced to 15 years in prison
- Couple, 3 kids among 7 killed in Massachusetts apartment fire
Historic NH inn damaged by burst water pipe
Question of the Day
LITTLETON, N.H. (AP) - The top floor of an historic inn in Littleton, N.H., has been severely damaged from a burst water pipe.
Crews are working to reopen Thayers Inn and Bailwick’s Fine Restaurant. The burst pipe sent water tumbling down four stories and caused the restaurant ceiling to collapse on the bar Friday.
The Caledonian Record reports (http://bit.ly/1gKCi1Q) no injuries were reported, but the water did displace about eight hotel guests, who were sent to other lodging establishments in town. A small group of people was evacuated from Bailiwick’s.
In addition to the restaurant damage, five of the 39 guest rooms had significant water damage.
The damage that resulted was worse than the water damage from a fire in March 2012, Littleton Fire Chief Joe Mercieri and Thayers Inn General Manager Harry Almeida said Tuesday.
“It’s all shut down because there is a lot of cleanup and some rewiring of electrical panels because they got wet and also rewiring of rooms” said Mercieri. “There’s quite a bit of work to be done.”
It’s not clear when the inn will reopen.
The inn was established in 1843 and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Its guests have included U.S. presidents and presidential candidates as well as celebrities such as Bette Davis.
Information from: The Caledonian-Record, http://www.caledonianrecord.com
TWT Video Picks
Senate majority leader practices politics of personal destruction
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- Obama seeks brisk passage of border children funding bill
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
- BRUCE: The feds plot to steal your paycheck
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
- Bush fixed bowling lanes that Obama wants to renovate
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Amid border crisis, Obama to take 15-day vacation in Martha's Vineyard
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs