- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Ledger publisher resigns, interim publisher named
Question of the Day
Company officials made the announcement Tuesday, according to a story on The Ledger’s website (http://bit.ly/1d61AXe).
The 41-year-old Ferson joined The Ledger in June 2007, becoming its 11th publisher. He continued to lead the newspaper after its acquisition by Daytona-based Halifax Media Group from The New York Times Co. in 2012.
No reason was given for the resignation. Ferson says he intends to stay in Lakeland and maintain his commitments with local organizations.
Allen Parsons has been named interim publisher of Ledger Media Group. He is the former publisher of the Ocala Star-Banner, which is owned by Halifax Media.
Information from: The Ledger (Lakeland, Fla.), http://www.theledger.com
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Sarah Palin's online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Feds accept boredom, lack of work as excuses for surfing porn on clock
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world