- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
State starting road project in Lafourche Parish
THIBODAUX, La. (AP) - The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development is beginning a $2.2 million paving project in Lafourche Parish.
Coast Bridge Co. LLC is to begin patching Louisiana Highway 308 north of Thibodaux on Wednesday.
That work will go from the Assumption Parish line to Louisiana Highway 304 and continue on to Louisiana Highway 304, ending at Louisiana Highway 20 in Chackbay. After that, the company will overlay both highways.
Coastal Bridge also will replace three drainage culverts under Louisiana Highway 308 from Jan. 20-24. That will mean closing 308 between the Louisiana Highway 1247 Bridge in Labadieville and the Louisiana Highway 3185 Bridge in Thibodaux during the day. Local traffic will be allowed to use Louisiana Highway 308 up to the worksite area, and it will be opened to all traffic at night.
Alternate routes through the worksite are westbound, Louisiana Highway 3185 Bridge to Louisiana Highway 1 west, then Louisiana Highway 1247 Bridge; eastbound, Louisiana Highway 1247 Bridge to Louisiana Highway 1 east, then Louisiana Highway 3185 Bridge.
Motorists can expect intermittent lane closures during construction. Work is scheduled to be completed by May.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014