- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Iditarod becomes mad dash for Nome
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Ukraine’s Crimea seeks to become independent state
- Ex-Gov. Christie aides to judge: Quash subpoenas
Van crashes into Westerly Wal-Mart, driver injured
WESTERLY, R.I. (AP) - Westerly police are trying to determine why a van crashed through a wall of a local Wal-Mart store.
Authorities say the van smashed into the store around 12:20 a.m. Wednesday and ended up partially inside. Witnesses said they saw it being driven erratically.
Police say the 18-year-old driver, Thomas Brightman of Charlestown, had to be extricated from the vehicle. He suffered serious injuries and was taken to Rhode Island Hospital. Police said the injuries don’t appear to be life-threatening. No one else was in the van, and no one in the 24-hour store was hurt.
The store was evacuated and closed for about 45 minutes. It re-opened after a building official checked the damage.
Police say they’ve interviewed witnesses and will be looking at surveillance video footage.
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Redskins free agency: 5 positions to watch
- EDITORIAL: Senate Democrats pointless all-night global warming talkathon
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- CPAC 2014: Despite Ben Carson's speech, gay marriage mostly took a back seat at CPAC
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again