- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
West Virginia upsets No. 13 Iowa State,
AMES, Iowa (AP) - Linda Stepney scored 16 points, grabbed seven rebounds and West Virginia used a 13-point first-half lead to knock off No. 13 Iowa State 73-59 Wednesday night - the second straight year the Mountaineers have beaten a ranked Cyclones squad at Ames.
West Virginia (15-2, 4-1 Big 12) hit seven 3-pointers in the first half and were 12 of 30 overall.
Iowa State (14-2, 3-2) cut the lead to six, 59-53 on a 3-pointer by Jadda Buckley with 6:57 left to play, but Stepney scored a layup and 3-pointer back-to-back to push the lead back to 11 points and was 4 of 4 from the free throw line in the final 1:28 to put the game away.
Bria Holmes and Christal Caldwell finished with 12 and 11 points, respectively, for the Mountaineers.
Hallie Christofferson had 21 points to lead the Cyclones, which lost its second straight game. Buckley added another 15.
By Tammy Bruce
Team Obama's bizarre behavior helps Gitmo terrorists foil justice
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- KEENE: Familiar refrains from Britain's 'Tea Party'
- Skeptics on all sides take aim of John Kerry's tentative deal on Ukraine
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.