- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Williams, Valparaiso beat Detroit 78-70
DETROIT (AP) - Lexus Williams scored 11 of his career-high 22 points in the final 3:01 Wednesday night as Valparaiso held off Detroit for a 78-70 win.
LaVonte Dority added 20 points for the Crusaders (10-9, 2-2 Horizon League).
Bobby Capobianco’s dunk with 5:35 to play gave Valpo a 62-50 lead, its largest of the game, before an 11-4 spurt by Detroit - which was opened and capped by jumpers from Juwan Howard, Jr. - pulled the Titans within 67-61 with just under 2 minutes to play.
Valparaiso made 9 of 12 free throws in the final 1:28 to seal the victory.
Howard scored a career-high 35 points to pace Detroit (8-11, 1-3). Matthew Grant added 14 points and Evan Bruinsma 10.
Jubril Adekoya finished with 11 points and nine rebounds for Valparaiso, which recorded season highs for both free throws made (36) and free throws attempted (44). Capobianco added 10 points.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Vulnerable Democrats must 'run their own race'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
- WILLIAMS: Bill Maher, comedian or bigot?
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- NYT's David Brooks: Obama has 'manhood problem' in Middle East
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.